Sunday, February 21, 2016

A Bit of Polish

We've had a problem recently. With hair brushes. 

K hates to have her hair brushed or combed in any way. Unfortunately, curly hair left to its own devices tends to become dreadlocks if you don't get a brush through it now and again. I blame this for the reason that brushes keep managing to disappear in our house (she swears that she's not hiding them)... 

So when I went on a new brush run earlier, I thought I'd try something to make hers a little more personal - maybe it will stay around longer.


I was afraid to use my paint pens, since I was pretty sure it would chip off. When I was a kid, my mom wrote my name on everything in nail polish. So why shouldn't I try the same? I looked up a My Little Pony font and copied it onto her brush with some purple polish (and glittery top coat). I did try some paint pen highlights to clean up the edges. With a leaky pen, leaving it alone might have been a better idea, but here's the finished product: 


She loved it, and wanted to make one for me. Unfortunately, my new brush is black - so I gave her my old brush (the gel handle is leaking) and some sharpies. Here's her masterpiece - she wanted to point to our name for the picture: 


I guess now that means I can't get rid of my old brush, either... 

No comments:

Post a Comment