Wednesday, July 29, 2015

I don't live there anymore

After several days lugging everything I own across state lines in 90+ degree heat, subsisting solely on pizza and sheer willpower... I live in Indiana.

(Justin says this makes me a Hoosier, but I beg to differ. I think Hoosier is a state of mind. Don't let him quote Wikipedia at you.)

I was cleaning my old apartment until well past 11 pm tonight. I'm not much for scrubbing usually, but it was cathartic today. I just had some time to think about my life, and where it's going. As I cleaned my way out of the apartment, turning out the lights as I mopped room by room, I felt like I was saying goodbye to my youth in a way. This was my last "bachelorette" pad - I'm trading in my life of solitude (and knowing everything is exactly where I left it last) for a precocious 5 year old, two rowdy puppies... and the love of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment