Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Inspection update

So yesterday was our inspection.

I was so nervous, but it went really well. There are a few things we'll need to update or fix - our A/C is past it's designed life, but still working well... for now. Something about resurfacing box gutters seems to solve 90% of the rest of our problems. Overall, the bug/radon guy and both of our general inspectors (we had quite the team over last night!) have told us the house is in great condition for it's age, so I feel so. much. better.

Also, if you're in the Louisville / S. Indiana area and need home inspectors, I'd recommend Home Team. They were awesome.

While the fellas were at work crawling through every imaginable space in the new house, I got to spend some more time measuring and mentally placing furniture. Somehow I completely missed the fact that there is no closet in the master bedroom, so that might get swapped with the former guest room. The room is a bit darker, but there is a hanging rod in the 1-ft deep closet (?!?), so I feel like I'm already ahead of the game. Also, I will be sleeping in my bedroom, and I like the dark. So maybe not such a bad thing.

I was going to include a screen shot of the floor plan here, but apparently this app makes you pay for that. I mean, it makes sense - but not worth it for this post. So just make it up in your head and I'm sure that's exactly right. Or probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment