Friday, June 26, 2015

Colors

I love reading home improvement and family blogs, I have for years. My friends and I laugh when we catch ourselves referring to the decisions of John and Sherry (RIP YoungHouseLove) or Katie and Jeremy like they are people we know personally.

Part of realizing I am not Sherry Petersik is what led us to buy a home that needs less TLC than Justin's current home. I love watching people put a room together board by board. I don't love spending my weekends doing home improvement work. This is something I now know and have accepted about myself.

That being said - I was reading the most recent post on Bower Power and followed a link to an older post about paint schemes. She had painted rooms haphazardly as they were completed, and now had a hodgepodge of paint colors to keep track of. Since we haven't lifted a brush in this new house yet, I thought it would be a good idea to pick a few basic colors we'll stick to throughout the process. I actually like many of her colors as a starting off point.


The top row is meant to be wall colors, the bottom is accents. Perhaps this is where I'll start my planning as well.  It's based around Justin's favorite, gray, with several of my favorite bluey-greens. Since our house is currently a beige-y taupe, we need to shift the color palette towards gray while also recognizing that there are things like brown-based tile to deal with.

Stay tuned for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment