Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Fun Part!

So I'm overselling it a little, but I do think this is kind of the fun part of buying a house.

1. No problems yet - we haven't had the inspection, so I can't worry about whether the ___ is going to collapse or explode or ... whatever else could go wrong in a house. 
2. I haven't spent any money yet (earnest money aside, but I'll get that "back")
3. Now I get to draw floor plans and pick colors!

I'm going to do this in a mood board rollout, because I think that sounds fun and it's my blog and there's probably no one else reading this anyway.

So this is our bedroom now:



And this is how I envision it:


This is our bedding set, superimposed on one of those online color-picker things. This happens to be Behr Nile River.

Our bedroom has wainscoting, which I find totally appropriate. Right now the walls and wainscoting are painted the same beige color, but we’re taking it back to the more traditional white. The furniture is a hand me down from my aunt, and at some point (SOON) we'll have to build a closet. Because this house, while big and gorgeous, has closets about 1 feet deep, max. No hanging rods or anything. That might be the first project I hand over to mom when she comes to visit. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment